COST OF CONSTRUCTION $884,000
Quality Very Good
Cost Control Very Good
SPOKANE MRI REPLACEMENT SITE PREP
Spees Design Build provided services to design and construct site preparation for the replacement of an existing MRI unit. Additional services to included preliminary concept and program development, investigative services, design narratives/analysis, planning consultations and visits, design work, calculations, preparation of contract drawings and specifications, sample boards, preparation of cost estimates, construction period services and site visits.
In conjunction with new MRI equipment manufacturer representative, Spees Design Build designed the reconfiguration of the room to accommodate the new MRI machine. Design included optimizing the configuration of the room for patient movement and workflow, project phasing for equipment removal and replacement, equipment room modifications, new dimmable MRI compatible LED lighting throughout the MRI room and control area and the addition of redundant cooling system for the magnet room.
Additional services include:
- Coordinating with equipment manufacturer (General Electric) to produce site prep construction documents to reconfigure the MRI room as required accommodating the new machine.
- Optimizing the configuration of the room for patient movement and workflow. This includes hoisting directions, required shielding, blocking,electrical pathways, floor preparation and room finish renovation.
- Upgrading power and data as required.
- Inspecting and specifying necessary restoration of the skylight.
- Designing dimmable MRI compatible LED lighting throughout the MRI room and control area.
- Updating access and security to the MRI suite. Mounting four new 4 MP indoor dome cameras with 25’ focal point in the suite. Installing PIV access control on the equipment room and control room doors.
- Routing steam and condensation piping to the suite, providing HVAC humidification and heat capabilities.